23.3.09

Me....the Fashionista??




Ok...not to toot my own horn, but I must say, when it comes to fashion, I do know a thing or two (or three). And its not just me that believes so, Im frequently complimented on everything from my shoes, to my accessories, to even the color of my nail polish, lol. Im always asked where do I work?, and have been told on numerous occassions that I belong working in a fashion. So last week I was having this same conversation with my mother, who's always admired my nonchalant sense of fashion. She told me that while I do look like I should be working in some type of fashion house, dont just go for any old store, I should aim for the big leagues! So on my morning commute to work I was inspired by our convo and decided to make a list of all the big league fashion houses. To think, I could be working for one of them. But who doesnt dream of working in fashion for a living you know? I guess thats what they call a pipe dream. But anywho, I got to work, and spent that Friday sending out my resume to the somewhat hard to find human resources departments of Gucci, Prada, Louis, and so on and so forth. And then I went on about my day. By Wednesday when my phone rang I had totally forgotten about my newfound career path, so I was in absolute shock when I was on the phone with a rep from Chanel doing a quick phone interview for a position! Needless to say I was inspired all over again! I can see it now....me walking down Fashion Avenue!, and really belonging there! Hey....you never know!:)
~J. Genese


No comments:

Post a Comment